Friday, January 4, 2008

Coors: 15

Taste: 6 Finish: 6 Visual: 1 Aroma: 2
Total: 15

Sometimes you have to go back to your roots. There's something to be said about a lightly flavored and crisp beer. Let's see what I say about Coors.

Visually it looks horrible. An extremely pale straw color. Extremely brittle head. And no real aroma except a hint of hops.

It is mildly sweet on the tip of the tongue which moves to the middle of the tongue. Maybe a hint of honey? Really? Yes. Towards the back and on the exhale is a very light hop flavor, and dare I say some floral notes? Really? Yes. It finishes very cleanly leaving no aftertaste. And, poof, it's gone.

Ice cold on a hot day I could suck down about 3 to quench a thirst. This is roughly equivalent to a Corona. And I would take it any day over the faltering Yuengling. What the hell happened to them? So, in the end I am very surprised that Coors isn't bad. It's actually drinkable. Really? Yes.

No comments: