Sunday, February 14, 2010

Old Monk 10000 Super Beer: 6

Taste: 1 Finish: 1 Visual: 3 Aroma: 1
Total: 6

I mean, really. How can you not try this beer? Hailing from India. With a Manufacturing Date section clearly on the label...yet blank. Even a blank Batch Number. And the slogan, "Go for Monk". It screams quality.

Visually it is very nice. A clear golden amber with a thick head. But it fizzes out quickly. It smells like a copper penny. Oh, god. The flavor. A copper penny soaked in some sort of medicine. Or maybe floor cleaner. It leaves a fantastic metallic taste on the tongue. And alcohol. 8% never tastes so strong. Reading a couple of other reviews, I figured out what it tastes like. A wet band aid. Seriously. It's a very cheap malt liquor. I guess I'll have to try Old English and compare. But right now I'm pouring this out.

No comments: