Friday, March 7, 2008

Slyfox Saison: 23

Taste: 8 Finish: 8 Visual: 3 Aroma: 4
Total: 23

Slyfox is definitely building their reputation in the Philadelphia area. As I've said before, they're Rt. 113 IPA is fantastic. I've recently become addicted to Saison's so I'm hopeful this fits the bill.

It has a nice yeasty, bready aroma. It has a huge head. It's a highly carbonated brew. The color is a nice yellow with an orange tinge.

Up front and through the middle is a sharp sour flavor. In the back of the throat I pick up on lemons. But throughout it is a very round mouth feel. On the exhale the bread and yeast come back which help mellow the whole thing out. A very slight hop bitterness lingers on the tongue. But moreso is that bready lemon flavor.

Overall I think Slyfox scores on this one. It's not a fantastic brew, but it certainly is very good. It would be great on a hot summer day to snacks of bread, cheese, and olives.

No comments: