Sunday, August 19, 2007

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA: 29

Taste: 9 Finish: 10 Visual: 5 Aroma: 5
Total: 29


Dogfish Head's 60 Minute IPA is a good beer that I thought could use a bit more to be a great beer. Well, would another 30 minutes help?

The beer is a perfect amber color with a nice creamy head. The aroma is outstanding. A strong inhale of flowers, maybe honeysuckle, citrus, and a undertone of hops. Without drinking the beer, it is totally compelling.

The front of the beer is sweet and tangy. Definitely some nice malt and touch of honey. Then comes the floral notes and citrus. Perhaps a bit of lemon peel. The finish is perfect. It is not overbearing but leaves a very nice sweet/bitter/floral/citrus coating on the tongue. Sip after sip doesn't amplify the flavors. They just stay perfectly balanced.

Another fantastic beer that you could drink continuously. Probably not for quenching a summer's thirst. But more for savoring and sipping through the night. At 9% alcohol, two a night would keep you very satisfied. It's a beer that should always be in your fridge.

1 comment:

Zilch said...

Agree with you completely. As I sit here and enjoy my very first 90 Minute IPA I know it won't be my last. The one thing that I noticed was the slightly heavy/creamy feeling it has on the tongue. Not over powered as I expected. Very well balanced and tasty. Highly recommended.