Thursday, August 30, 2007

Negra Modelo: 21

Taste: 6 Finish: 7 Visual: 4 Aroma: 4
Total: 21

I fell in love with Negra Modelo after my first taste many years ago. It is such an improvement over the brewery's companion, Corona. It's labeled as a generic "dark" beer. Let's see.

It pours very nicely with a medium brown with a hint of amber. The head is perfect. The aroma is a very nice sweet malt. I wish it were a bit stronger.

It has a nice malt upfront with some nice sweetness. The middle is dry with a walnut flavor. There is a nice undertone of caramel. The finish is very clean and dry. There is a bit of sweetness again in the back.

This is still one of my favorites. Is it the best beer? No. But, it's a very drinkable beer with some nice malt, caramel, and nut flavors. To me, it is closer in flavor to a brown ale.

No comments: