Sunday, November 11, 2007

Woodford Reserve: 26

Taste: 8 Finish: 10 Color: 4 Aroma: 4
Total: 26


I've read two reviews that have stated Woodford Reserve is the best bourbon on the market. I was very eager to give it a taste.

It is a nice medium copper color. The aroma definitely has a strong wallop of alcohol but underneath it is a mild sweetness.

It has a very nice spiced upfront. And the first sip definitely hits hard. But at the end there is a smooth coating on the tongue. The next sip gives way to more sweetness. A touch of vanilla. But it's still too strong for me. For my tastes it needs a splash of water. Much better. I really dig the creamy coating it leaves behind. I've never had that feeling before with a bourbon. It rounds out the flavor and drastically enhances the mouth feel.

It is definitely one of the best bourbons I've had. Give it a try.

No comments: