Sunday, July 1, 2007

St. Peter's Organic English Ale: 18

Taste: 6 Finish: 6 Visual: 3 Aroma: 3
Total: 18

I return to St. Peter for his Organic English Ale. Organic hops and barley from New Zealand are used. In the USA due to a loophole, any beer can technically be called organic. But, you ask, don't pesticides and chemicals make beer taste better? Let's find out.

From the prior review of St. Peter, they use less carbonation for a smoother mouth feel. The head is thin from this. The color is a light amber. The aroma is of sweet malt and mild fruit. Overall, nice but nothing special.

It's a very light tasting beer. Definitely a nice medium bitter hops at the end that doesn't linger long. I had a hint of lemon peel in the middle. Really, I get very little from this beer. It's light and refreshing with a hoppy finish. Nothing really jumps out at me. Overall, I give it a middle of the road 18 out of 30. Maybe those chemicals do help the taste!

No comments: